Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Where should I put my trust?


Psalm 62: 5-8 (KJV)
"5My soul, wait though only upon God: for my expectation is from him. 6He only is my rock and my salvation: he is my defence; I shall not be moved. 7In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God. 8Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah."
I "Discovered" this psalm 8 weeks ago on Thursday morning...I read it, and wrote down what the verses meant to me (you'll see that below). What is super duper cool, is that on the following Sunday, one of the men from our church (Mr. Keastner) spoke on it!! I was totally floored when I heard him stand up and say "Turn with me to Psalm chapter 62 please..." And then proceed to read exactly those verses which I have up there...and then to even go as far as to say almost the same exact things as I had written down for them myself! Talk about God moving!! I just think it was super cool that I had just been reading it, and enjoying it, and then Mr. Keastner stood up and shared my exact thoughts with everyone!...and now for what I have to say about these verses ;-)
Verse 5: Don't put your trust-expectation-into anyone, or thing, but God. Only God is sure, and faithful. Only in God can you be sure that the promises he makes will be fulfilled. Anything in this world can go away in a instant, Money, People, Things, so don't invest in things of this world, but only in the things of God! God says that if you trust in him he will bless you. 1 Timothy 6: 18-19 says "That they do good, that they be rich
in good works, ready to distribute, willing to communicate; Laying up in store for themselves a good foundation against the time to come, that they may lay hold on eternal life."  This I believe is saying that by our good works for God, we lay up a foundation (or treasure) for ourselves. We have assurance of Heaven through Jesus Christ, but what will there be in Heaven waiting for us if we don't work for God on this earth? God will bless us in heaven for what we do for him here.
Verses 6-7: I personally love these verses because they are telling us we have a sure foundation. God is our salvation, not ourselves, he is the rock of our strength. We don't have to depend on anyone or anything, other then him for strength! He is our defence, we can lean on him in the hard times, he will defend us against our enemy's, if we stand upon God, we will not be moved! Our God can not be moved, and when we stand upon him we can't be moved either. Our refuge is in God, he is our steadfast father, willing to listen, our resting place. He is our refuge.
Verse 8: God wants us to trust in him, always. Not just when we agree with him, always. Through the hard times, through the good times, always. Follow him, no matter where. Abraham left his home and went where God told him to, and God blessed him. We seem to think we know what's best for us, and when we mess up, and wonder what went wrong! If you will fully put your trust in God, he will bless you in ways unimaginable. Pour our your heart to him! God wants to hear from us, talk to him! Get to know him better, tell him all your troubles, desires, struggles, happinesses, God loves to listen to us! God does know everything in our hearts, but he wants us to talk to him, so that we will grow closer to him. It's not the knowledge he wants, he already has that, he wants us to come to him! Pour your heart out before the Lord. And again, God is a refuge! A safe place, someone who you can always talk to, someone you understands, he is our refuge.
- Bekah

No comments:

Post a Comment