Tuesday, July 31, 2012

It's so Easy to go


Lately the Eddy family has been in my heart and prayers...
They lost 19 year old Joshua at the Rogue River on May 5th, just 3 weeks ago... Joshua was brother and friend to lots of people and was loved by his family and friends dearly, although I never met the young man I was inspired by his blog posts and decided to create my own. I've been thinking about how we can all go so quickly. God can call us home at any given day and though there will be mourning on earth there will be happiness in heaven.
I was watching Josh's memorial service online tonight on http://joshuaeddymemorial.com/ and I couldn't stop the tears from falling as I saw the bittersweet words his sister wrote in the song for him. I was thinking to myself, "Just as easily as Josh went, one of my own brothers could go, Caleb, Ben, Isaac or even little Valor..." then came the sudden thought, losing one of my brothers would be traumatizing, but what about losing my dad?  Where would I be without these people who have impacted my life so greatly? Would I have the strength God gave 15 year old Mariah? Or would I sulk in my room all day? I could easily list 15 people who, if even ONE of them were to go would make me feel empty. But, now I must ask myself, Are these people around me what I need to feel whole? Or should I feel whole in the Only One who can truly make me whole? I suppose we are all blinded by the world in our belief that we need each other to be something in life when, in reality all we need is Christ, and through Christ we will have what we truly need. 
Phillipians 4:19 But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus. So why is it that we search out earthly things instead of pursuing Christ in our daily life?
I will not lie, I do not read my Bible every day, unless you count the occasional posting of scripture on social networking sites, Christ is not the center of my life but he SHOULD be. I, like many people "get busy" we are so preoccupied by our simple daily lives that we forget about God, and the fact that He gives us each and every day. He gives us each day so why don't we use them to glorify Him? If you knew Christ was coming to take you home today would you still act the same way? If God was watching you this very second would you take that last brownie? Would you click on that webpage? Well guess what? He is watching you right now, so do you want to have to account for those things someday, since he knows when we lie there is no way to get around the wrong things we've done in God's eyes. We should account for each moment of each day so that someday when we see God face to face He will say "Well done, my good and faithful servant!" We can go any day, any minute, any second,  Just as easy as it was for God to take Joshua home He can take you and me, Are you prepared to account for every moment of your life? Are you pleased with what God is seeing? Right now, one of the best things we can do to account for that time is spend it growing closer to God. Taking every thought captive for Christ.
I have attached a picture of Josh below... 


- Emma

1 comment: