Saturday, August 18, 2012

Asking for help

Asking for help
Recently a very sad piece of news has reached our home... my great aunt passed away. She had pancreatic cancer and had been struggling with it for 3 years before the Lord took her home. I remember hearing about it 3 years ago when she was given 6 months to live... I remember our whole family praying for her. I remember hearing results from test after test saying things were getting better, then worse, then better, then worse again... I remember having a hard time realizing that God can take anyone at any time, but I also remember knowing that my Aunt Nancy had the one thing she needed to have before she could die, she had Jesus living in her heart and she was prepared to see Him in glory. Thinking back just 2 years ago when she posted on facebook how surprised she was that she had lived 6 months longer than the doctors had anticipated I remember what she was saying... she kept saying how she was hoping she could live to the next family reunion... 6 more months away, she was praying that she would get to see her family again before she died and would get to say goodbye... well, days turned into weeks, weeks into months, and slowly but surely family reunion came. Oh how happy our entire family was to see our dearly loved and treasured aunt there with us! We were all so happy to see her there, and on the weekend of her birthday too! We made a HUGE card and all 110 of us signed it, we made cake and sung to her, she had her last wish, to make it to family reunion. She told us she was ready to go home and be with Jesus. But there was no way she was leaving without us praying for her, our entire family got in the same room and put her in a chair in the middle, then we all reached out our arms and held her, everyone was praying, some prayed out loud, some quietly, we prayed for a long time, probably 20-30 minutes, praying for her healing, but that God'd will would be done. It was hard, there were many tears, and hugs. I have attached a picture below of a close up on the group, Aunt Nancy is the one in the middle. :') 
Ever since family reunion Ruthie in particular at our house is always praying for Aunt Nancy... her death has caused Ruthie alot of tears... while we were driving home from Sunriver today we heard crying in the back of the car, and there was little Ruthie bawling... While the rest of us remembered how excited Aunt Nancy was to be with Jesus Ruthie was having a particularly hard time grasping the fact that she was gone. 
There is a facebook group used mainly for prayer requests that I am a part of... I found myself getting ready to post a prayer request for my family on there but kept stopping myself... It seems we are alot faster to ask for help for someone other than ourselves, when my brother broke his leg, I posted asking for prayer for him, but when I'm the one hurting for some reason we seem to not want other people to know we are in pain so we keep out hurt inside of us... Sometimes we feel like we can deal with it on our own, or maybe we feel like we're being selfish to ask for help... I don't know, whatever it is, I have rarely seen people post about problems they're having. But we should not feel guilty for asking for help... I guess it's hard to realize other people will want to help. 
On that note, please be praying for my family and all of Nancy's friends. She was excited to see Jesus and we are trying to rejoice with her. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment